Thursday, October 25, 2012

What I'm doing....

I am in the middle of writing my first book titled Love Notes. I am planning a second in a series called Heart Strings they are young adult. I do have an adult book that I am writing titled In Her Shoes. This is a work in progress that I add to every so often. Right at the moment I am focused on Love Notes.

I have been blessed to have met some of the most brilliant Indie Author's to date. I admire and look up to these women. Several have been very encouraging as far as my writing goes. Several have said if you write it we will push it to the hilt. That is a blessing.

There is one person in particular that I think I have gotten to know on a different level. Not as much as a aquaintance more as the beginnings of a friendship. She has shared personal as well as professional things with me, without even knowing me and trusted me, that this would be kept between the two of us. For that I feel extremely honored. She has even gone so far as to offer to read what I have written so far. Now I know she is extremely busy and really does not have time to read it. The truth is I am scared shitless! I am so scared of being told it's not any good and that I don't have any talent. I have wanted to write a book for 20 years and I'm finally taking the plunge to do it.

Now I do not have a support system at home. Far from it. Which is probably why I find the faith in myself lacking at times. Ok, allot of the time. I know I need to get the hell over my fear and just send it already. I have never been one to back away from a challenge so why should I start now?

That is how I should be looking at this experience as a challenge. I'm challenging myself to do something scary, something I've always wanted to do. I should at least try and make one of my dreams come true, right? If I can't be a singer why not try my dream of writing?

To this person, I thank you from the bottom of my heart! Thank you for your trust, your kind words and your wisdom!!


No comments:

Post a Comment